Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ellie speaks!

This is short but Ellie spoke tonight. After eating another popcicle she said "movie" when we asked her what she wanted to watch. We didn't even have to tell her to talk. She just did it. It wasn't just a wisper like earlier when she said "hi" and "orange". It was a voice!!

We also got the catheter out tonight. Paul Toth taught her how to say toilet in sign language in case she didn't want to say it. She can make a T with her hand and shake it to let us know she needs to use the restroom. So tomorrow we are hoping she is up and using the bathroom often, which then gets her on her feet and out of bed more! Stronger days are ahead of us. YAY!!

Night night sleep tight, I know I am.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear all the progress Ellie has had Alicia! I'm praying for her! Today I spoke with my mom and asked her to pray for Ellie to. She will do! Alicia, could you please send me your home address to me by e-mail or on facebook? I would like to send something to you on the mail. Big hugs to you, Ryan, Ellie and Nathan! Thank you once again for allowing us all to follow on Ellie's story. Hugs, Ana

    ReplyDelete