Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Dalai Lama and Jackson Katz

I ws able to go to a panel on violence with the Dalai Lama and Jackson Katz both on the panel. The other 5 on the panel are the Dalai's interpreter, the moderator and three other panelists who spoke about violence also.  There wasn't a whole lot said by the panelists other than the Dalai Lama. Each panelist got to answer a question and ask the Dalai a question then the majority of the time we listened to him speak. It was a once in a life time opportunity so I am glad I got to go. These are the pics I got. I know they aren't the greatest but they'll have to do. I thought it was interesting that he took his shoes off and sat crossed legged on the chair the whole time. That's how I would have chosen to sit if I had to.


He bowed to everyone many times as he entered and as he left.

There were two large screens set up for us to see closer. At the end he gave the panelists and the sign language interpreter white scarves. I thought that was neat also.

In this last picture there are merchants set up outside on the lawn selling tibetin items from jewelery, to clothes, to statues and many other things. The lines were incredibly long to get in so I didn't shop around. I just stayed in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment