Thursday, June 25, 2009

"no ga ga"

Rejuvenated is the word for the week. I was looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend and that is what I got. We did a few fun things as a family then I got some rest and relaxation. Monday morning I felt good and Tuesday I still felt good. Wednesday morning at work I felt tired some but then as my day picked up it got better. We registered Ellie for kindergarten last night at Price Lab. I was excited about that. We are looking forward to this summer being over and starting a new chapter with Ellie. She was assigned to Mrs. Bromwich's class and we signed up for a first conference with her. Wow! I'm getting so excited to get her off to kindergarten. Now this morning I feel tired again and wiped out. Two days of resting made for two days of feeling good.

Something else Ryan and I have been having fun with is hearing Nathan talk. He's really got that language learning window open right now and has said some two word phrases which really floors me. He pointed to Ellie one day in the car, as she had her head down resting, and said, "sissy night night" in his own fashion. He has also pointed at Ryan's hat and said, "dada hat." He says what sounds like ga ga when he gives us things and when we give him things. We figured out it means thank you. He now says, "no ga ga" when he doesn't want something. No thank you is what we've taught Ellie to say, since she was young, when she didn't want something from someone or didn't want to do something other kids asked her to do. It caught on at daycare and now Hudson and Nate say it. Nate's "no ga ga" is so cute, I love it. Last night he saw a picture of himself and says baby. Ryan was pleasantly surprised at that. I don't remember Ellie doing this at this young age, but then again I don't remember much of anything anymore.

Hope everyone has a safe Sturgis Falls weekend, we are headed to the parade Saturday morning. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment