Friday, August 14, 2009

Extension...

I know it has been a long week without updates. Ryan and Ellie have been good this week in IC. Ellie got to hangout with cousins and spend multiple days at the beach at Kent State Park. At home I have been getting so much work done with the help of my mom. We sorted all the toys and gave away stuff, threw incomplete things away and organized a ton! It feels awesome. We even turned Ellie's bed so it's slightly different when she gets home. Not sure how long the organization will actually last but it feels good to have gone through it all! Woo Hoo!! Thanks to my mom for helping.

Thursday was a rough day for me I guess. Ryan called me while Ellie was in getting her treatment and said that Dolly had told him that Dr. Bautti wanted to add more sessions to the end of her treatment. We weren't sure why, they said the MRI scan came back fine but he just wanted to do this. So I immediately called and left a message with Dr. Bautti's nurse, Kelly, so I could ask some questions because of course this wasn't expected and I was upset/worried. Kelly and I talked later in the afternoon and she reassured me that there was nothing in the MRI that was bad that this is a typical routine thing that they do to focus in on a smaller area with radiation. Things shrink with radiation and they like to focus on that smaller area at the end. So bummer news that now she is going to miss her whole first week of school. I'm bummed about this but if it needs to be done then lets just get it done so we don't have to go back with more problems.

Today I met with the principle of Price Lab, Mr. Cryer, to update them on Ellie and how things are going. I informed him of the added days of radiation and he said things were going to be fine. It's a week of getting to know the routine of things and the first two days are half days anyway. I gave him specifics about Ellie's condition which he is going to pass along to the elementary teachers at meetings so they know about her situation, coughing, etc. when they are helping in the lunch room and stuff. I will still go to her parent teacher conference on Monday the 24th to give details to the teacher and learn about what she has to tell me! So that's the update with latest info on her treatment.

Info coming soon about the Benefit information!! I'm so excited some of my friends are getting it put together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment