Friday, April 23, 2010

Surgery Monday

Well Ellie is scheduled for her surgery tomorrow. Her surgery is at 8am and we have to check her in at 6:30am. We are staying over night Sunday night at a hotel with a pool and a big slide. Ellie has seen it in Coralville and asks when we can stay there so we told her the next surgery we will. We hope to be sent home on Tuesday if all is well with her. She may need to stay one more day though they said. We pray it all goes well since they've done this surgery before and it has worked for the other kids. Dr. Gantz is the lead surgeon and there will be residents and many nurses in on the surgery. Please pray for them and for Ellie's strength during and after surgery.

Hi UNI Volleyball Team!! We had a blast meeting you! Ellie has been playing with her volleyball and the kids wore their t-shirts today!

We will update the blog so people can keep up with her progress on Monday!

Thanks for all the prayers and support.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ellie and Family,

    My name is Shari Bender. I am working with the UNI Volleyball as the Student Manager. I am from Waukee, IA as well. I have heard a lot about your family already and cannot wait to meet you all. Sorry I was unable to meet you at practice on Thursday, but was out of town at a conference. I do look forward to meeting you all very soon. Ellie, you are such a brave girl and I hear you are strong! You and your family are in my prayers:)

    ReplyDelete