Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's been a while

Well I decided I needed to update this blog. We have a good team of walkers for Relay for Life next weekend! T-shirts are ready for TEAM ELLIE and we are excited to get them and wear them for the walk. It's only a 12 hour walk so that is nice, but it's all night instead of during the day. 6pm Friday night at the McLeod center is the survivor lap then the walk continues until 6am Saturday morning. We are going to try to camp out with the others so we can be there to greet team members and walk when needed.

Ellie went to the eye doctor in Iowa City last week and her eye sight isn't improving anymore. Actually it was slightly worse than it had been before so they increased the atropine drops in her left eye to every day to make it blurry for the left eye so the right eye can work harder at focusing in hopes to improve it again. We got a random call this week from U of I Hospitals and asked if we could take Ellie on April 7th to see a neuro opthalmologist. Aparently Dr. Menezes ordered this so she'll be there for that appointment. We don't know what to expect, maybe it was ordered as a result of seeing her results from the last eye appointment. I don't know but we will deal with whatever it entails.

I have called to request the appointment with Dr. Gantz and am still waiting for a call from them to tell us when it can be. He is an amazing doctor that is in demand so he has a busy schedule. I'm trying to be patient with this but sometimes it's hard when you are anticipating it and want it to happen when she doesn't have to miss school and know it all relies on the doctor's schedule.

We are still waiting on results from the genetic testing. We anticipate results between four and six weeks so that would put it any time between now and the 15th of April. I'll share those results when I can. I don't know if I want the results to be yes they are genetic because that would give us a reason she got one, or if I'd prefer non genetic result because then we'd all be in the clear for genetic tumors but it would leave us without reasons as to why Ellie got hers....

Thank you everyone for your many wonderful birthday wishes. It was touching to read everyone's messages. I was overwhelmed in a good way. Thank you all. I wish I could see everyone in person to thank personally for all your support, love, prayers and company during this past year. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment