Friday, October 30, 2009

Ryan's buck and vertigo



Another exciting thing that has happened was that last week was muzzle loader season and Ryan "got him his first buck." He was so excited about it until he had to drag the big thing out of the corn field where it finally gave up up. Then Ryan decided it was too big when he was still cutting meat off it at 11:30 at night. So it's good, he got his buck and we have a freezer full of deer meat now. The taxidermist said it is officially a 5 year old, 13 point buck. Wow, we were amazed. Yes it's at a taxidermist so that means it's getting mounted and if Ryan has any say it will be on a wall when he gets it back next year. Yes, it's going to take a year.

Something else, that wasn't so exciting, was that I spent Saturday morning in the emergency room at Sartori because when Ellie woke me up that morning, at 6:20 for some odd reason, I couldn't stand up. I was so dizzy I would have fallen over if I wasn't holding on to the bed post or walls. It was crazy feeling. I got nauseated and vomited if I was upright for too long. So I called nurse on call and she suggested I call 911. I explained I had two children and my husband was hunting so I got my parents to come over and my dad took me to the ER while my mom watched the kids. So nothing else was wrong with me except this dizziness, nausea and vomiting. They gave me wonderful meds that worked immediately after it was put in my IV. They drew blood and did a CT scan to check everything out to be safe. Then they sent me home with another dizziness, nausea med to help me get over it. I rested all day since Ryan had the kids at a wedding and reception, I was bummed I missed. Sunday morning I felt fine and have been pretty good since then. I am so thankful it only lasted one day. I still carry the perscription around with me incase it comes back. Oh yeah, they said it was vertigo. It was lovely...as those of you who have experienced it know.

1 comment:

  1. Alica,
    that is terrible stuff. I have had it 3 times, but never as lucky as you to only last that long. You feel like you are in the house in the wizard of oz.
    Glad to hear you are over it

    Terri Bertram

    ReplyDelete