Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's working!


WE HAVE PROGRESS ALREADY!! After two days of doing the peroxide we notice the very top scar which was stuck in short hair is already off! This was the confidence booster I needed, possibly Ellie also, that this will work and it will be ok. It turns out the peroxide and scrubbing/washing head hasn't been traumatizing like I thought it would be. Ellie sits hesitantly and Ryan has a special touch and talk with Ellie. She lets him do it with very little fuss. She says she doesn't want Dr. Menezes to have to take them off at her next appointment. I don't blame her. This is one time she fully understands what we explained to her and she's cooperating without coaxing. I also don't want to have to do it down there. Going to so many appointments already wears on you and then having the anxiety of that on top would not be good for anyone. It's nice. I think this is all a part of the progress she is making by meeting with Ms. Struck, the school counselor, to talk about her feelings toward all this. I'm thankful for everyone helping us through this. Thanks to those supporting me personally now that I find myself dealing with it emotionally. It's much appreciated. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment